Teaching the Brain
What must the brain do in order to learn effectively? Arm yourself with the most current neuroscientific information and lead your students down the path to success. With this guide to cutting-edge research, help teachers and parents understand how the brain develops in the classroom and the best techniques available for accelerated learning. Written by leading educational neuroscientist Dr Duncan Milne.
Complete with brain diagrams and tables, you’ll examine concepts including:
• understanding language, reading, spelling and writing acquisition in the brain
• exploring number sense and the mathematical brain
• recognising and overcoming learning problems
• discover the differences behind dyslexia, dyscalculia, ADHD and autism
• developing successful teaching and intervention programs.